Thursday 18 December 2008

Santa calls friends and family for gift ideas


It's nearly Christmas! Although some of us don't celebrate for Christmas but there's a good idea available for those who are still concerning about what gifts should they buy for their family, relative, friends...and so on. Actually, I know how hard it is to think of an appropriate gift for other people because I have done this before last year, and then I ended up with buying a few boxes of chocolate sharing with my roommate. :)

Here is an idea that going to helps people out with the problem, I Am Saint Nick can simply offer you the service by submitting your phone number, then The company's very own "Santa" will then place a discreet, anonymous call to each challenging person and ask them what they'd like for Christmas. This is amazing! And of course, each of those calls will be recorded and then posted online to the gift-buyer.

However, this may cause the concern of legislation because recording phone calls without permission might be illegal in some case; otherwise I think this idea is actually really good and may lead to a prevailing trend of people using it.

On the other hand, imagine that you are the one who has been recorded and received the gift from one of your friend; you might be surprised or might not be impressed because you could have guessed what the purpose of that call was for. Also, it's possible that you are using this service and you get the phone call at the same time! That would be a little awkward :P

BY THE WAY , I have took this from Chris's blog and he talks about all those interesting idea, so that I thought it's a good opportunity to practice evaluation skill :)

3 comments:

chris sivewright said...

One of the purposes of blogs is to allow you to connect, refer to other people. Therefore you could have started by saying: In Chris's blog he talks about...." and then linked!
Huh!

Becca. said...

=口= I thought...... that's something to do with homework ....

chris sivewright said...

No - I don't set homework over Xmas...I am on holiday. I just post various things I think might be of interest.

:-)