Wednesday 17 December 2008

Inspiration

“Without lecturers who inspire and teach well, you will not gain an interest in economics, and without peers who challenge and support you, you will not strive for a better understanding of economics. Without understanding or motivation you will not learn, and it is because of these two things that I have learnt so much from my time at university.”

I totally agree with what Rachel Waterworth has written in the conclusion of her prize-winning essay :)

Also I have read some other winning essays that are in Chris's blog...and I found that to write a good essay, there must have a good research to be done, therefore to support your own opinion...

4 comments:

Mr.Lex said...

Where's the post about us huh?????It takes ages right???

chris sivewright said...

"and without peers who challenge and support you, you will not strive for a better understanding of economics."

and that's exactly what I try to create in the Economics class and also through this network of blogs.

Which is WHY I hope you and others will post on people's blogs who are NOT posting and working and yet could. People such as Si, James, Winnie, Anastasia, Wendy, Sairan, Aidana, Bibi - the list goes on. You have to encourage each other - do that and the results will be outstanding and the learning will be at a very high level.

Fail to do this and yes, the good students will do well but the 'average' students will merely struggle.

Which is a pity because with group support the entire class - ALL of you - could get grade A.

Wouldn't that be fantastic?

Becca. said...

Yeah that's right... I will try to do that from now on :)

but what if some of them dont usually check out their blogs?...

okok I will try my best ;)

Becca. said...

and Lex... Im busy =_=